Páginas

terça-feira, 1 de março de 2011

Pittsburgh is not that far...

I started speaking English at eight in the morning, spent the whole day yesterday speaking English, found it difficult to choose my words to ask for a coffee (stammered like a king?...), so why should I write in Portuguese?

Weekend is over and past.

I’m sleepy today. I decided to stay up to 2.30 to enjoy the company of kings and queens and the occasional wolf. 
The King got four Oscars because he stammered, the black queen took one because she could dance, the white queen brought one of the envelopes while the red queen sat in the audience, and the wolf got one Oscar because he had made up his face. In a time of uncertainty we prefer the company of kings to the company of wolves. I’m not so sure we are always in good company…



Well, this king seems to be good company – it shows we don’t need an “over the rainbow” budget to make a good film. It also showed that a good actor is worth a film. And that doesn’t mean “shooting them all”. 
I enjoyed the film very much. I felt physically tired, almost exhausted, when it ended. Perhaps because I tend to get anxious when people stammer as if I could feel their anguish. It must be desperate not to be able to communicate appropriately. You know how much I like speaking!

As to the show, past are the times when Billy Crystal rode a horse onto the stage or Michael Moore did political statements. But it was definitely honest and sometimes funny. And there was a political statement…

It sounds like a coincidence but this right moment I’m watching one of the last scenes of Love actually in which Colin Firth stammers in Portuguese when asking Lucia Moniz to marry him. He could guess what was coming - he started practising years ago.

Moving on.

When I got home I had got mail. We had got mail...
Pittsburgh had reached our mailbox. It took about 17 days to arrive. Not that bad. It would have taken longer in the 19th century. 


On the back of the card there is a statement apparently to be completed according to our imagination:
Pittsburgh, a great place to ... 
If I ever travel to Pittsburgh I'll try to find out. Otherwise I'll have to ask you, Joana!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário